Dec 7, 2007

Noah's Fun Run




On Thursday, Noah ran in his school's 1st Annual Fun Run. I co-chaired this fundraiser for their Service Learning Programs with my friend Krista, and after a lot of planning, it was really fun to see it actually happen. These kids ran their hearts out and really had a fun time. I even ran a lap with Noah to join in the fun. Noah ran 18 laps around his gym. Great Job, Noah!
We've had a rough week with Bill in Toronto for work since Tuesday. Nate caught a stomach bug on Monday and is still not eating well, and Thursday night Hayden started to throw up and is still going strong. I've been washing clothes, cribsheets, and carseat covers for days... I feel bad for the boys. They have been "talking" a lot as they've been sick, like they are telling me what's wrong in quiet little conversations, and Nate even rubbed his belly as if to say it hurts.
Today I thought for a moment that we were in the clear, and tried to take the kids to the Aquarium, but had to turn around 1/2 way there because Hayden got sick. I had bought some popcorn chicken at KFC, thinking everyone would love it. Noah said it was "too spicy". Nate wasn't interested. I offered some to Hayden and he gave me the "all done" sign and wouldn't take it... moments later he threw up. Sorry Colonel, I don't think we'll be back anytime soon.
Noah was not happy to miss out, but luckily his neighbor Fina came over to play for a while and he forgot all about it.
Mommy needs a drink...