

Coming home from Moab, we were rerouted due to a snowstorm and had to add an extra hour to avoid the Soldier Summit mountain pass where it was reportedly getting over a foot of snow. This route took us near Capitol Reef Nat'l Park, and the views were just stunning. I wish I had stopped at every viewpoint turnoff and snapped a pic of the amazing rocks jutting out of the earth at odd angles, and the beautiful colors around. I drove most of the way with 3 sleeping boys who all ate the sandwiches Angie packed for us, watched a movie and zonked out. I finally stopped to take this pic of what lay ahead after passing most of the good stuff. Still beautiful, but we'll have to go back someday with Bill.
We came home to see a lot of snow had fallen. The middle pic is our view of Big Cottonwood Canyon as you drive into our neighborhood, and also a view looking North towards downtown. The snow only lasted about a week and we've had nice fall weather since, but I know winter is on it's way soon. Its been so nice to have a long fall season this year!
