Feb 25, 2008

Where have I been?



I haven't had time to blog in a while, and these pics show some of the reason why. I've been busy helping plan a scholarship fundraising auction for Noah's school along with our Chairperson of the event, Kim and also my Co-President of the school's Parent School Alliance, Krista. On Saturday we held a dinner for 200+ guests and a live and silent auction with over 230 items! This event has been in the works since September, and the last week or two has been very busy getting the final details worked out. I was up Friday night until 3 am printing faux gift certificates for the displays and then up early to set up the items at the school. The event was fun and a huge success -- we more than doubled the money raised last year! Translation... we are awesome!! haha
My mom was a huge star of the night, creating and sewing 3 beautiful princess dresses and a pirate costume for auction as well as personally contacting 65 companies to solicit donated auction items! It has been fun today hearing praise from the other school parents and what fun they had!