Jan 13, 2008

A day at the Aquarium









It was a long week with Noah being sick, and by Thursday we were ready to break out of the house and celebrate that he was feeling better and was fever free.
We renewed our membership to the Living Planet Aquarium and wandered amongst the fish for an afternoon. I thought it would be good for the twins and for myself to set them free from the stroller. It really wasn't very crowded there, so keeping the kids close wasn't too hard. I do think that I said "Hayden/Nate, come here/stay close to mommy" way too many times for anyone else around me, but it has to be done to teach the twins to not wander too far. I don't want to become one of those parents using leashes on my kids, so I have to corral them with with my voice I guess. A sheepdog might come in handy here...
All went well until the twins found a water/pondscum display quite appealing and decided to splash their hands and sleeves in it. I must've sounded pretty grossed out, because another mom ran over with some hand sanitizer for me to use on them. I thanked her profusely and decided it was time to strap them in the stroller and relax for "Aquarium round 2". I actually looked at the fish that time and Noah loves to be the tourguide.