Sep 9, 2007

C is for Cookie


Mmm... Cookie
This past week, Nate has been having an especially hard time with separation anxiety. I am not able to step out of a 5 foot radius of him without tears, wailing, and dramatically rolling on the floor. He really cannot take it if I lock the gate at the top of the stairs to get something (usually more diapers or wipes) from the basement or garage. Luckily, Hayden doesn't seem as affected by this stage, and has been showing more independence.
After supper, Noah asked me if he could wash the dishes.
Yes, this is the same 4 1/2 year old whose arms "run out of energy" as he is picking up his toys.
He said, "If you'd like me to wash the dishes, I will." I think my eyebrows went clear over the top of my head to the back of my neck in surprise. I asked him where he learned to do the dishes, and he replied "I've seen it done many times on TV."
So, he washed the dishes.