May 23, 2008

Photoshop actions


Today I received the ultimate photography compliment. I took these pictures, which are some of my favorites from this year of the boys (& Cocoa), and played with them in Photoshop using actions from a fabulous blogsite called The Pioneer Woman. She has been running some excellent tutorials on working in Photoshop, and was kind enough to her fans to post free actions. So, the pictures above have had a few of her actions run on them, and it really makes them look great -- much more dramatic than straight out of the camera. Sooo... I uploaded them to my local Inkley's store for processing. I received a call a bit later saying that my pictures had been printed and that they "looked professional", so I would need to bring the copyright release with me to pick them up! That made my day! I told them I was very flattered, but they were mine. They told me that they had been discussing them and how beautiful they were, and said great job! Now I'm off to figure out how to frame these for my livingroom...