Heading for home...
We packed up these two tiny babies into their carseats, got into the car and looked at each other. Bill nervously said "OK, let's go home." and then looked at me as though to say "are we really taking them home?"
Hayden Jett and Nathan Orion
08.08.2006
Nate 3:32pm, 6lbs 9oz. 18 1/2 inches
Hayden 3:36 pm, 6lbs 5 oz. 18 inches
.jpg)
A very proud big brother. "What's this one's name again?"
Grandma and Grandpa Fels came to visit. Aunt Lisa & cousins Adrian and Kiran visited that night to meet the twins as well. Lisa thought of everyone... A present for the twins and Noah, chocolate for me and a beer for Bill.
Nathan and Hayden are fraternal twins (non-identical). It sure makes it easy to tell who is who. The nurses kept referring to them as Baby A and Baby B.
Nate had a lot of hair, and the nurses loved to style it. he had a new hairdo everytime he came out of the nursery. Usually a cute fauxhawk..jpg)
.jpg)
The births went very well. They were delivered in an operating room in case a c-section was needed. The anesthesiologist was hopped up on adrenaline, ready for action. My obstetrician was very calming in contrast, which made me feel a lot better. Nate came first, after only a few pushes. When I heard him cry, I started to cry. Anesthesia was suddenly staring at me upside-down asking if I was feeling pain, and all I could say was "I just heard him cry".
Four minutes later, Hayden was here. I remember thinking how light his hair was compared to Nate who came out with a lot of dark brown hair. The nurse wrapped them up and laid them on me and Bill took this picture. Then everyone left with the babies to check them out. Even Bill ran off with the video camera. I was laying there in the O.R. thinking... "um, Hello?". After a while they moved me into a small recovery room and left me again. Bill ran in for a second grinning ear to ear and took off again. It was getting kind of weird to be left alone. I was numbed from the epidural, so it wasn't like I could get up and find everyone. After what seemed like hours, well, ok... at least half an hour, they moved me into my room and I thought, "here we go...everyone will be there waiting for me...the mom... who just shot out twins in like...5 minutes". It was empty. They parked me and left. Bill and the boys eventually made it to the room and the feeling of "what do we do now?" set in.
Are we really ready for this??
.jpg)
.jpg)